Thursday, October 14, 2010

Mission Menus Challenge In Hollywood

So by now, if you watched the video, you know that I didn't win.  But, and I know I always say this, I really did have a great time.

Hollywood is not the first place I'd visit on my dime, but since Mission Tortillas sponsored the contest, I enjoyed every minute of it at their expense.  Thank you, Mission!

We stayed at the Roosevelt Hotel in the middle of Hollywood.


Isn't this ceiling gorgeous?

It was really, really dark in the hotel, though.  Very difficult to take pictures.

The rooms looked like they were from a black and white movie.

I'm not gonna lie.  The room was very cold and modern.  I'm not sure we ever felt comfy and cozy until we turned on the TV and watched an Alabama game, followed by several episodes of Reba.

That's what we did in the heart of Hollywood.  I am so not kidding.


And this picture of Mick made me a tad not want to undress in the room.  I felt like they were snickering at me.

This was our view from our hotel window.  We could look right down on Grausman's Chinese Theater.


And if we didn't want to walk the three steps to the window, there was a live feed from the street below coming to our television.

We stepped out of our hotel door and right onto the Hollywood Walk of Fame.



Right next to El Capitan, there was an ice cream and soda shop and they had yummy marshmallow topping.  I love marshmallow topping, but it's unfortunate for me because a lot of ice cream shops don't carry it. 

The night we arrived, we all met up at the Hard Rock Cafe for a group dinner.


We got to meet the other finalists as well as the producers and several other people from Mission Tortillas.

Friday morning, around 4 :30 AM, we made our way to the Hard Rock Cafe again.  All these trucks were for our shoot.

They had cleared out the bottom floor of the restaurant.  There were people working everywhere.

I have a new respect for people who work in the television and film industry.  They work extremely hard and keep very early and late hours.

I'd never make it.  I'm pretty lazy.

There were lots of  people buzzing all around me.  Sound people, prop people, food stylists, camera people, producers, assistants, assistants to the assistants...the list goes on and on.

It's a little unnerving to have Sara Moulton stand behind you when you cook.  I tried to act like I knew what I was doing.



his is my taco salad.  It turned out really pretty although you can't see it well in the picture.


The judges deliberate.  They said no.  :o(

Curse my bangs. 

Here we are in the final shot right before the announcement of the winner.

Jasmin Baron won with her Vietnamese Skirt Steak Wraps.  Very well deserved.

Sara Moulton is one of the nicest celebrities I've met.  Can you tell how petite she is?  I felt like the Jolly Green Giant next to her.

And check out her new cookbook.  It's full of delicious, easy recipes.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment