Monday, October 1, 2012

Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Stuffed Blonde Oreos


When it comes to things like stuffing Oreos, I live by a deep conviction that one should have variety in one's life.

I'm speaking from my heart today, people.  My. Heart.

So, inspired by my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Stuffed Oreos, I branched out and created another version, full of yummy cinnamon--Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Stuffed Blonde Oreos.

I had a helper on the day these cookies had their photo session.

And I'm using the word "helper" very, very loosely here. 


He's getting a little desperate now.

There is a three year old boy somewhere in this picture.
I asked him to please not drink Lolli's props because she is an important food blogger and millions of people were waiting on this recipe to hit her blog so they could have happy times.  And he looked at me like this: 

Bless it.
And then he does this, all dramatic like:

Not really heartbroken, just trying to make me believe he is.


Totally fake.

But why does it still get to me?


Here are my notes:

-I would let these come to room temperature before eating.  I like it when the cookie dough is squishy and the chocolate if not too hard.  They will get that way if they have been in the fridge for a long time.  (You should probably store them in the fridge, but let them come to room temperature to eat.)

-This recipe is a cinch.  You could definitely substitute with your favorite edible (eggless) cookie dough here.

-My packages of almond bark were 16 ounces apiece.  It took two packages to dip all the Oreos.  An alternative would be to forget about dipping them in the almond bark, and just roll the perimeter in cinnamon sugar.  But I like them dipped. 

 

 Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Stuffed Blonde Oreos


1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 (16-ounce) package blonde Oreos or vanilla sandwich cookies
2 (16-ounce) packages vanilla almond bark or vanilla disks for dipping (melted according to package directions)
Cinnamon sugar for sprinkling tops

Cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in vanilla and condensed milk. Add flour, salt, and ground cinnamon and beat well.

Separate each cookie into two halves.  Using a small cookie scoop, scoop a level mound of cookie dough onto one of the halves and top with the other half, slightly pressing down.  Repeat with remaining cookies.  Chill in fridge for about an hour.  Dip in melted bark, letting excess drip off, and place on wax paper lined cookie sheet.  Sprinkle with a tiny amount of cinnamon sugar to decorate and place in fridge until chocolate hardens.




Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Genius idea, Lorie! I have a feeling these would be a hit with my family - bookmarking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making these this evening to send in a Birthday Box to my Brother-in-Law as well as some in a College Care Package.... they will love them!

    ReplyDelete