Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sloppy Spaghetti and Provolone Grillers

It's easy for me to get intimidated by some of the food blogs out there.  You see, I love to visit as many of them as I can and admire their perfect, magazine quality pictures and creative use of ingredients, many of which I have never even heard of, but I know that I really don't measure up.

But I'm okay with that. 

I'm okay with that because I cook ...for the people

Huh?  Which people?  The people who don't throw leftovers away. 

Here's a recipe that really isn't a recipe at all, just directions for assembly.  It will require leftover spaghetti, which is something many people probably make frequently.  The next time you make spaghetti, make more than you'll need so you can slap these on the griddle the next day.  They are very kid friendly, but let me warn obsessively neat and clean moms:  they are messy.  That's why there is a "sloppy" in the title.

Sloppy Spaghetti and Provolone Grillers

2 slices French bread

2 slices provolone cheese

1/2 cup leftover spaghetti

Softened Butter

  1. Layer 1 slice of provolone on each slice of French bread.  Place about 1/2 cup of leftover spaghetti on one slice.  Place the other bread slice on top, cheese side down.  Butter the outside of both sides of the sandwich. 
  2. Grill over medium to low heat until golden brown and the cheese is melted.  Makes 1 sandwich.
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. These look yummy and kid friendly! What do you mean that your blog doesn't measure up?? Your blog and pictures are awesome and you are an award winning creative cook! Glad you're safe from the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...behold the carbs...they call to me!
    Thanks for visiting my blog. No, it wasn't raining yesterday, but after a long weekend of reading yummy food blogs like yours I had some serious cooking to do. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorie, thanks for coming by to see me again! Actually, your recipe sounds & looks pretty good. We love spaghetti around here, in fact I think I'll fix it tonight.
    Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, this is the best looking sandwich I've ever seen! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa-Thanks!!
    Virginie- Yes..it's a total carb-fest! There are those tiny little pieces of ground beef, though.
    Jenny and Heidi-Leftovers at their finest. I bet your kids would like these.
    Rhoda-Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete