Friday, February 13, 2009

Marinated Green Beans

This recipe was given to me by my friend Tammy and I just love it.  I seem to struggle with what to serve as side dishes with my meals and this recipe helps solve that problem.  It's super simple and can be made ahead of time, which I love.  I would never, ever make this for my dear sister, though, because she doesn't like her vegetables "sweet"; I, however, like that sweet and savory combination, so this recipe is a real keeper in my book.

Marinated Green Beans

4 (14-ounce) cans French cut green beans, drained

1 cup melted butter

3/4 cup light brown sugar

2 tablespoons soy sauce

4 slices bacon, cut in half

  1. Place green beans in a 13 x 9-inch casserole dish.  Whisk together the butter, sugar, and soy sauce.  Pour over green beans.
  2. Place the bacon over the green beans and marinate overnight.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until bacon is done.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment